Mason jar mugs have become a very popular item for weddings, parties and BBQs. Personalize them, decorate them, drink from them and give them away as gifts. Call it country chic!
For our project, we etched some mugs with a whimsical Mr. n Mrs. theme. Instead of names and dates (which you can do on the other side of the mug if you wanted to), we opted for a fun mustache for him and lips for her.
These also make easy and fun Christmas gifts. Etch a message to Santa or personalize them for family and friends with their names. Complete the gift by filling them with gourmet hot cocoa mix, fancy tea or candy.
#15-200 Armour Etch Cream
#12-9701 Wedding Celebration kit
#21-1645 Over n Over stencil Mr Mrs
#60-3863 Mason Jar mugs
#08-9999 Rubber gloves
#08-9415 Masking tape
Skinny white ribbon
Small white satin bows
Hot glue gun
1. Wash mugs in hot soapy dish water. Rinse well, dry jar and wipe off residue from etching area with a clean paper towel.
2. Carefully peel the Mr stencil off of the stencil sheet. Work your way around the edges, then tease off the middle section so you do not rip the letters. Place the stencil on one side of the mug
3. Place the mustache stencil below the Mr stencil.
4. Repeat with the Mrs stencil on a separate mug. Place a pair of lips below the Mrs.
5. Surround stencil with masking tape. Cover entire face of the mug with tape.
6. Load the brush with Armour Etch glass etching cream. PAT the cream onto the stencil. View the directions and How To video HERE.Wait 5 minutes.
7. Holding the mug upside down (so no water can go inside during rinsing), rinse off all the Etch cream under running warm water. Remove tape and stencil and rinse again. Pat dry
8. Tightly tie a length of white ribbon around the neck of the jar. Turn the knot to where it is centered over the top of the etchings. Trim the ends of the ribbon close to the knot. Hot glue a satin bow over the knot. Next glue a ribbon rose in the center of the bow.