The Irish believe that an upright horseshoe over their door would bring good luck. The tradition eventually carried over to weddings. If a bride carried a horseshoe on her wedding day, the marriage would be a good one.
#15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream.
#21-1673 Over N Over Celtic Designs stencil
#08-9415 Masking tape
Wine glass, brandy snifter, or large shot glass
1. Wash glass in hot, soapy dish water and dry well.
2. Position the horseshoe stencils on the glass. We used two stencil sheets and tilted the horseshoes side to side.
3 .Surround the stencils with masking tape, overlapping all edges. Cover over to the some of the sides as well.
4. Put on the rubber gloves. Load the brush with Armour Glass Etching cream. PAT the etch cream onto the stencils (do not brush it on) until each is thoroughly covered with a 1/4 inch of cream. View the directions and How To Videos HERE.
5. Leave cream on for 5 minutes
6. Hold the glass upside down while rinsing so none of the etch cream goes inside the glass. Rinse off all of the etching cream.
7. Remove stencils and masking tape and rinse again. Pat the stencils dry and return to the carrier sheet. Dry mug