Serve your savory lobster appetizers on this adorable nautical Lobster plate. These plates are also perfect for summer barbecues!
#15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
#21-1658 Over N Over Under the Sea stencil -2 stencils needed
#21-1607 Over N Over Uppercase Alphabet stencil -2 stencils needed
#21-1608 Over N Over Lower Alphabet stencil-2 stencils needed
#60-7024 10 inch Clear glass dinner plates
#08-9415 Masking tape
1. Wash dish before starting in hot soapy dish water to remove any grime or labels. Dry well
2. Apply the lobster to the center of the plate. Lay the plate on your work surface with the head of the lobster facing at 12 o clock.
3. Apply a lower case letter s directly at 12 o clock on the rim of the plate.
4. Apply the rest of the lowercase letters for the word Lobster, working first to the right and then backward to the left. The L in lobster should be in upper case. Overlap the side edges, more at the bottom edge than the top so the word curves with the curve of the plate.
5.Apply an anchor at the right end of the word Lobster, overlapping the side edge as you did with the letters. Apply a starfish at 3 o clock.
6.Repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 at the bottom of the plate, only you will be overlapping the sides more at the top than the bottom. Apply another anchor to the right end of the word. Apply the other starfish at 9 o clock.
7 .Surround stencils with masking tape, overlapping all edges, cover entire face of the glass and under the rim as far as you need to to protect both sides of the glass, cover all gaps and open spaces in the surrounding area to be etched.
8. Put on the rubber gloves. Load the brush with Armour Glass Etching cream. PAT the etch cream onto the stencils (do not brush it on) until each is thoroughly covered with a 1/4 inch of cream. View the directions and How To Videos HERE.
9. Leave cream on for 5 minutes
10. Hold the plate at an angle so the water runs off the plate in one direction and does not pool up on the plate. Rinse off all of the etching cream under running water. Remove stencils and rinse again. Pat the stencils dry and return to the carrier sheet. Dry glass well
11.Apply the anchors to the left sides of the word Lobster and repeat steps 7, 8, 9 and 10