Turn a champagne glass into a tealight lamp. We etched a glass shade with ladybugs and decorated it with beautiful white pearls.
#15-0150 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream.
#21-1672 Over N Over Garden Friends stencil
#08-9415 Masking tape.
Glass tealight lampshade
Soft paper towels.
Optional: White adhesive backed strand (half) 5mm pearls (or rhinestones)
1. Wash the shade in hot, soapy water and dry with soft paper towels
2. Apply the ladybug stencils as many or as few as you would like, randomly around the shade,
3 .Cover the glass around the stencils and inside the rim at both ends with masking tape, overlapping all edges.
4. Put on the rubber gloves. Load the brush with Armour Glass Etching cream. PAT the etch cream onto the stencils (do not brush it on). Cover each one with a 1/4 inch layer of cream. View the directions and How To Videos HERE.
5. Leave cream on for 5 minutes
6. Hold the shade at the top rim, keeping your fingers on the tape. Under low water pressure, rinse the cream off the stencil, tilting the shade so no water will go inside it while rinsing. Rinse off all of the etching cream off under running water.
7. Remove the stencils and masking tape and rinse again. Pat the stencil components dry and return to the carrier sheet.
7. Apply a strip of the pearls around the top rim of the shade. Apply another strip around the base of the champagne glass. Cut off individual pearls and apply between some of the ladybugs on the shade.