This house shaped terrarium with brass trim and beveled glass, was perfect for etching with our dragonfly Over n Over stencils.
#15-0150 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream.
#21-1672 Over N Over Garden Friends stencil
#15-0315 Glass cleaner#08-9606 Brushes.
#08-9415 Masking tape.
Glass tealight lampshade
Soft paper towels.
Plastic bag big enough to fit the terrarium
Optional: White adhesive backed strand (half) 5mm pearls (or rhinestones)
1. Open the door to the terrarium. Slide the bag over the box part of the terrarium leaving the door out of the bag. Gather up the bag around the box and tape it down. Trim the bag down if needed. Place tape wherever needed to seal off the bag around the door and make it as watertight as possible.
2.Clean the door with the glass cleaner and soft paper towels
3. Randomly apply the dragonfly stencils on the door
4 .Cover the glass around the stencils with masking tape, overlapping all edges.
5. Put on the rubber gloves. Load the brush with Armour Glass Etching cream. PAT the etch cream onto the stencils (do not brush it on). Cover each one with a 1/4 inch layer of cream. View the directions and How To Videos HERE.
6. Leave cream on for 5 minutes
7. Hold the terrarium by the plastic covered sides of the box with the door hanging down under the faucet. Under low water pressure, rinse the cream off the stencils, tilting the door so no water will go on the backside while rinsing. Rinse off all of the etch cream off until there is no cream visible.
8. Remove the stencils and masking tape and rinse again. Pat the stencil components dry and return to the carrier sheet.
9. Dry off the bag and then remove it. Immediately mop up any water spots that appear