Etched on a mirror, our little Emoji friend is so happy he burst out in a bloom of laughter!
We attached our emoji mirror to a colored vase, but you can make him as a pin, fridge magnet or put him in a small picture frame as wall art instead.
#15-0150 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
#21-1668 Over N Over Emoji Faces stencil
#61-2731 Easy Tack Spray adhesive
#08-9415 Masking tape
#61-3385 5mm Hot Fix Rhinestones
#61-3370 Hot Fix Setting Wand
#61-3340 Dazzle-Tac Glue
Colored dollar store vase, pin backing, magnet or other mounting craft object
Glossy, colored flower or sunburst from a magazine or print large enough that the mirror covers the center of the flower picture.
Old credit card, brayer or letter folder
Soft paper towels.
1. Clean the mirror with soft paper towels
2. Using tweezers, lift the smile mouth off the stencil sheet and place on the mirror. Repeat with the eyes (see picture). Press each piece down firmly with your finger.
3. Put on the rubber gloves. Hold the mirror by the edges. Load the brush with Armour Glass Etching cream. PAT the etch cream onto the entire mirror (do not brush it on) in a random pattern until the mirror is thoroughly covered with a 1/4 inch of cream. View the directions and How To Videos HERE.
4. Leave cream on for 3 minutes
5. Rinse off all of the etching cream under running water. Dry mirror with paper towel and set aside. Pat the stencil components dry and return to the carrier sheet.
6. Cut the picture from the magazine a little larger that the flower. Spray the cardstock with adhesive. Wait until it becomes tacky, then lay the picture on top as smoothly as possible. Bond the two together with the letter folder or credit card. Let dry until stiff. Cut out flower with scissors
7. Put the 5mm tip in the Hot Fix Setting Wand and turn it on to heat up. Following package instructions, heat set rhinestones around the edge of the mirror.
8. Place a dab of Dazzle-Tac glue to the back of the mirror and set in the center of the flower. Dab more glue to the back of the flower and attach to the vase. Hold until set.