Our Bon Appetit platter is so adorable for appetizers, snacks, cookies and desserts. It also makes a great hostess gift!
15-0200 Armour Etch Cream
#21-1674 Over N Over Whats Cooking stencil
#21-1607 Over N Over Uppercase Script Alphabet
#21-1608 Over N Over Lowercase Script Alphabet
#19-2702 Etch Bath stencil
#85-2146 Stylus/ Burnisher
10 inch oval clear glass platter
#08-9415 Half inch Masking tape
Soft paper towels
1. Wash the platter in hot, soapy dish water and dry.
2. Cover your work surface with some paper towels. This will help to prevent scratching the backside of the glass and keep it from moving while working with it.
3. Take the Etch Bath stencil and cut between the first row of small squares (11 squares) and the second row (small triangles) away from the stencil sheet. You should have a single strip of small squares.
4. Peel the backing from the strip. It is ok if the squares come out of the strip, we want the frame of the squares and not the squares themselves anyway.
5. Hold the strip of squares with the pre-cut edge up. Center the strip in the middle of the plate. Use a ruler or tape measure if you need to. Stick the strip down to the platter and remove the top layer of tape. Remove any remaining squares with the Stylus.
6. Using the picture as your guide, Spell out Bon Appetit with the upper and lowercase script letters, overlapping the letters left to right and the bottom of the letters should evenly overlap the edge of the strip of squares. Be sure to use the blank spacer stencil between the words Bon and Appetit.
7.Apply the chef hat stencil at an angle to the left of the word Bon.
8. Surround stencils with masking tape and cover entire face of the platter with tape. Go over the edge and around to the backside by at least an inch all around.
9. Put on the gloves. PAT the Armour Etch glass etching cream on the stencils with the brush. Do not brush it on like you are painting. Patting the cream on will avoid streaking and give you a brighter etching.View the directions and How To video HERE
10. Wait 5 minutes. Holding the platter at an angle, rinse off all the Etch cream under low water pressure so the water runs off in one direction in a controlled manner. Remove tape and stencils and rinse entire platter again. Dry well.,/p>
11. Pat the stencils dry with paper towels and return to the carrier sheet. Throw the Etch bath squares strip away, they are not re-usable